Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I've Missed This...



Hello!! As you know, it has been quite a while since my last post and I am sorry for that. For a time I felt as though I had nothing anyone wanted to hear or read, particularly when it came to the ho-hum, day-in, day-out rhythm of our life.

I spent an enormous amount of time thinking about what I am not ... I am not a great photographer nor do I have the ability to dump ingredients into a pot to produce a delicious meal on a whim. I am not a huge party planner or a girl with great fashion sense or a thriving social life.


In comparing myself to others I lost sight of who I AM and who I was purposefully created to be.

I AM a child of God. I AM a wife, mother, daughter, and sister. I AM a writer, I HAVE a voice (and a brain) and I CAN use it for good. Although I don't always get it right, I make an effort to be the best I can be in the roles I have defined. I have stories to share and mistakes you can learn from. I have more to learn and more love to give. And so my hope is to use this space, this space I have missed, to write and I pray that through that writing I will find my voice, my gift, and my unique way to share the love and encouragement I have to give.

"There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work."
1 Corinthians 12:4-6

Please share this blog, comment, and offer thoughts and questions along the way. Cheers to coming back into the blogosphere!


2 comments:

vanzandtjnm said...

Glad to see your blog again. We have missed it !
Mimi and Pop Pop

Anonymous said...

oh my! while there may be many superficial things you are not, there are SO many things you are which are so special to so many. Glad to see this back. love you, pat