Thursday, January 28, 2010

Good Eats

Courtesy of the Food Network

Tonight Tyler and I were watching Good Eats on the Food Network. Good Eats is a thirty-minute show that revolves around one recipe each segment. This was our first time with this show, but it was entertaining and educational all at once. Tonight we learned about the chemical changes and composition of a pound cake ... quite interesting.

Anywho ... while we were watching there was a commercial about an upcoming show about the "Best Thing You've Ever Eaten." The cooks from various shows on the Food Network are going to describe the ONE, best thing they've ever eaten. Tyler and I began discussing, and we are just baffled because there are just too many choices. So I thought I'd throw it out to you, don't be shy(!!), what is the ONE best thing you've ever eaten?!

11 comments:

wakeforestmama said...

mine is Shrimp and Grits from Hot and Hot Fish Club in Birmingham. Yum.

Anonymous said...

How about Mimi's mashed potatoes?We love your blog.
Pop Pop

Mary Catherine said...

I actually think about that question every time I see the commercial for that show too!! I'm like you guys, how do you pick just one thing? :) We also love watching the ever-educational and entertaining Alton Brown.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, how could I choose just one thing? I like to eat too much, and would have trouble picking. But you know what comes to mind.....William enjoying his chicken fried chicken with gravy at Austin's in Incline Village....remember how clean he got his plate! Do you think that would be his favorite?

mama becca said...

this homemade yellow cake with cream cheese icing that my best friend's sister makes perfectly. oh my. it's the best thing i've ever tasted, ever. and if i got to eat it all the time, i'd be 800 pounds, easily ;).

Unknown said...

No question about it...Abalone in San Francisco...you guys know how to get people going...we love your blog. Luv

Unknown said...

When you go to Atlanta try Rack of lamb at Hals. Love Grandad

Anonymous said...

I love both those shows-how crazy is that when I don't cook- oh yea, but I love to eat!

hummm.. Mimi's scalloped oysters, Jimmy's steaks, susan's squash boats, katie's cake... See what I mean!!

Love you,

Pat

PS- we got our big snow!!

Keith Van Zandt said...

Dede's homemade cinnamon buns on Christmas morning. Holy Cow, they're good!
Dad/Keith

kyle vz said...

Dad's pancakes are pretty classic. Tacos al Pastor en Mexico son muy buenos! This is hard! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

daddy's steaks. OR warm, homemade apple cobbler...tough choice.