Friday, September 10, 2010

Running


My all-time favorite tennis shoe!

Running has not always been my thing, and I wouldn't really say its "My thing" quite yet. I ran one season of Cross Country to get in shape for soccer, and during other off seasons I would begin running and then quickly find something else. Well, in an effort to lose a few pounds before Tyler gets home and to get my heart healthy, I have started running again. First of all ... I can run a lot farther than I anticipated being able to run. Secondly, I have actually enjoyed it. (I can't believe I verbalized that, but I do!)

Bella and I have run 3x a week for the past two weeks. We trek along different paths and sidewalks, always with earphones in and a leashed Bella two steps ahead of me. I was a bit nervous about how she would do at a slightly, very slightly!, new pace, but she is doing quite well.

I know that I'm only two weeks into it, but I have enjoyed it. Help encourage me or tell me of your latest and greatest efforts and how you're doing! I'd love to cheer for you!

5 comments:

Martha Metzler said...

Yay! I LOVE running but usually only after I'm done :) But something I do to keep it interesting is I make my playlist exactly how long I want to run that way when I get to certain songs I know I'm half way or almost done. I also change the playlist every couple of weeks so that I don't get bored:)

love ya!

Laurie said...

That tennis shoe always reminds me of you when I see it in the store. Keep up the good work with the running!

Sarah Cornett said...

I always love to hear of someone who once disliked running change their mind and like it...because I was once that person! I love to run, it is a stress reliever for me. Keep it up!

CherieKT said...

So proud of you friend!!

sophievanzandt said...

yay im so glad your running. I love running.