Monday, March 31, 2014

Amy's Wedding

We got to travel to Raleigh for the weekend for my cousin, Amy's, wedding. As little girls Amy and I would dress up in our mother's wedding gowns and pretend to be brides. It was special to be able to see her walk down the aisle in the gown she chose, and as expected, she was STUNNING.

Friday night began with the rehearsal dinner and party. Although it was raining, it was a fabulous event and the weather didn't matter! The picnic tables had a burlap and lace runner, a white lantern and two mason jars with gerber daisies -- they were so simple, yet pretty and perfect!!

We took this opportunity to take pictures with our family. You'll see that my children aren't loved at all -- not one single bit -- ha!

Emma and Poppi

Caroline and Susee



Jim helping Caroline with cake.

My sister, Katie, my Daddy and me

Saturday we had lunch at Jim and Lindsay's house, naps for the girls and then headed to the wedding. Unfortunately the flash on my phone camera was off, so those pictures turned out a bit dark :(



The flowers were absolutely gorgeous!! The main flowers were white hydrangeas that were HUGE and just beautiful!! The staff at the club converted the ballroom from wedding site to reception area during cocktail hour and it was fascinating to see how they used the flowers for each part of the day.

Caroline got to order a Shirley Temple during cocktail hour. Five minutes after we ordered it we realized this was her first soda EVER. She drank about two sips and then wanted her water. It was fun to let her indulge in something special.

My sweet girls.

Open bar text to Tyler's parents who were at his cousin's wedding in San Francisco. We had a play-by-play of that wedding via text all night!

Caroline made new friends and she danced the night away. She told my mom, "I like the band, it isn't too loud." Ha!

Tyler and I got to reconnect with a WFU friend -- Glenn -- who is Spencer, Amy's good friend and bridesmaid's, boyfriend. I love how with most WFU friends you pick up where you left off and really enjoy hearing about each other's lives. I also love how small the world is with family and a Wake friend in the same place. It was great to meet Spencer, too, she's great!

We had a wonderful weekend and we wish Amy and Ryan all the best!

No comments: