Thursday, April 14, 2011

Surprise!

This morning, Tyler and I had our second baby appointment. I was super excited about going this morning because honestly, I have been a bit fearful that the baby was not healthy or even there. I know this isn't the way I should think, but I'm not gaining weight and I don't feel the baby move, so sometimes I just wondered.

Well, this morning we got a fantastic surprise!! When the doctor tried to hear the heartbeat, the little one moved away from her. She tried and tried to track the baby down, but we'd hear the heart for a second or two and then we would hear kicks and movement coming through the speaker as s/he tried to out run us. Finally, the doctor said, "Okay, I'm tired of chasing him, you're getting AN ULTRASOUND!!" 

If only you could have seen the smile on my face when she said that. We quickly trotted down the hall and got going on the ultrasound. This little person is moving and grooving in me!! (S)he flipped and turned and faced us all while we watched attentively on the screen. We could see its spine, the flutter of its heart, its limbs and it's little profile. Aghh ... the ultrasound was the most wonderful surprise ever! Here's our little one at 16 weeks 1 day:

We can't wait to meet you wee one!!

7 comments:

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Any hints to what baby is??

Courtney Elizabeth said...

How exciting!

I know how you feel! I had freak out moment the other before my appointment, just thinking all the bad stuff that could happen, etc. But Thank God baby is fine!

Jackie: said...

YEAH!! So glad you got to see your little one! Love you!

Heather Caldwell said...

Doesn't that make it so much more real! I'm so excited for you guys!

vanzandtjnm said...

Wonderful news!! We are so happy for you. We'll keep checking the blog for the next exciting chapter in your beautiful life story. We love you.

Pop Pop and Mimi V.Z.

Unknown said...

soGrandad and I got so excited seeing the baby....take care. We love all three of you. Gandma and Grandad

CherieKT said...

Love it!