Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My Take on Frozen

As I mentioned on Monday, Caroline got to see her first movie last weekend. Frozen was a really cute movie. We all enjoyed the music and the story, but I have trouble "believing" in the characters.


When I hear "Let It Go" -- the main song -- all I picture is Idna Minzel. I do like the song and it's place in Frozen, but I cannot picture Elsa, it's all Idna!


I first discovered Idna when she was in Wicked. Although I never saw her on broadway, she sings on the soundtrack and you cannot miss her unique voice.



Does anyone else have this issue? Does it take the fun out of children's movies as we grow up?!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Eh, I didn't see it. Cartoons aren't my thing and we might say that's because I have no children to watch them with, but I know an AWFUL lot of adults who are obsessed with Frozen. That confounds me. What don't you like about Idina? I have no opinion one way or the other!

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that she was the voice of Elsie, but as soon as I heard that song I knew it was her and couldn't get over it. I knew Kristen Bell was the other character, but liked her as her character. Pat