Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Our Most Recent Visitor

Saturday morning Tyler and I were lounging around after breakfast and Bella suddenly barked. This is unusual because she is NOT a barker .. thank heavens!! We looked outside and saw a baby moose. Yippee, a moose. We've seen lots of them, but never that close to our house. We watched it come down the hill behind our house and then go around our neighbor's house. About fifteen minutes later we thought, "Let's see if it's still around." Tyler went to the front window and there he was ...


EATING MY ROSE BUSH!! Needless to say, Tyler was thrilled, Bella was unsure and I'm praying my rose bush is just "nicely pruned."


Sorry for the poor picture quality, but you have to get pictures quickly for fear you won't get them at all. The moose is just a bit confused as to what is going on. Too funny.

Well ... that was fun, but it gets better. We thought we were officially Alaskan on Saturday, but today more so than that.


That's right folks, our visitor is back .... "pruning" another one of my rose bushes inside our fence. Seriously, I know that the animals are hungry, but really guy, really, my rose bush?! I love my roses and I take good care of them. I'm hopeful that they will come back even though the little branches are mere nubs now.

One might wonder how a moose gets inside a fence. They jump. Who knew? Not I until I moved here, but yes, moose jump and apparently they are great swimmers, too. Take a look for yourself. Again, sorry for the odd shadows and angles, but we were inside trying to get good pictures of this fun creature.





Until we meet again!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm laughing hysterically at the leaping moose! Wow! Who knew? xoxo

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!! Ok, your deer eating your roses TOPS deer eating anything in my yard!! LOVE THIS and ya'll.

pat

dede said...

Bad Moose!!!! But the photos are great!!!!

Katie said...

hahaha Ginna that is too rich! I'm sorry for your rose bushes. But I am glad you captured and shared this experience. I really like the pic of Tyler and the moose. I'm surprised Mack isn't somewhere in this shenanigan!

Katie

Keith Van Zandt said...

Who knew mooses (?meese?) could jump!! Awesome pics.

Jackie: said...

Amazing! I might link to hhis post on my blog. I bet the people would love to see how close they get!!!!

Courtney Elizabeth said...

Great pictures! I love Tyler's excitement. :)

Unknown said...

WOW...Don't know how you captured the entire flight of the baby moose. Also, loved the beginning picture of you and Tyler. Love Gram