Friday, October 15, 2010

Facebook.

Everyone knows the logo and the hype about facebook, but I have so struggled with this stupid "networking tool" for the last few months. The idea is to stay in touch with friends, but at what point are you just another friend to message, poke or write on their wall. If you have something to say or you really want to know how I'm doing ... call me, email me, I promise I'll respond.

My greatest struggle is status updates. AAGGHH, they really drive me crazy. People feel that they need to put everything on their status updates. Where they are, what they are doing and who they're doing it with. The world does not need to know where you are at every moment, I'm sorry, we are just not that important. And secondly, what if a status update hurts someones feelings? Sometimes the bluntness of what you're doing every moment with whomever you're doing it with can be hurtful ... why, go there?

I know this seems like a bit of a rant, and I'm sorry, but this whole situation has been driving me crazy lately. I do not mean this to hurt anyone's feelings, please know this is strictly my opinion.

Happy Friday, friends!

2 comments:

Mary Catherine said...

Hi Ginna! I just wanted to say that I couldn't agree with you more! :) I don't even have a Facebook account for this very reason. I had one for a few months and it totally stressed me out. Glad to know I'm not the only one with these sentiments! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so w/ you on this and I've just started w/ fb.. Really the things people put here. and the "privacy" what a joke. Recent article in wall street journal about this. Glad you're making people aware of this. love ya' pat