Friday, October 8, 2010

Care Packages Aren't Only for Those Away!

I got a surprise in the mail this week, and it completely made my week! Although my mom regularly sends me fun pick-me-ups, that always make me smile, this surprise was from Tyler!! He ordered a postage label online, got a flat rate box from the Post Office at the embassy and sent a sweet surprise my way.

When I got the box, I loved that he had written on the customs card. When you ship something internationally, even if it is to an APO/DPO, you have to have a customs form on the package describing the weight, contents, sender and recipient.

There is the customs label with his signature ... oh how I've come to love that chicken scratch!

Below are the contents of my surprise, halfway package: a postcard, a letter, toboggan, mug and scarf. Tyler is a very thoughtful person, especially when it comes to gifts. He knows how much I love scarfs, and it just so happens that baby alpaca, the luxury in Peru, is so, so soft!! Handwritten letters always warm my heart. And who in Alaska can't use another tobaggan?!


Although I do not get to travel the world as much as Tyler has gotten to recently, I do appreciate his thoughtfulness in the gifts that he brings home! I get to treasure the luxuries of foreign countries in the things and pictures he acquires along the way. Many of his gifts have stories and experiences behind them that I hope to cherish for years to come.

Thanks for my surprise, babe; happy halfway!

1 comment:

Sarah Cornett said...

Awww...how lovely. Yes. Care packages are the best. Especially when they catch you completely by surprise :)