Sunday, October 24, 2010

Cleaning the Oven

I really despise cleaning my oven .. YUCK!! So, tonight I thought I'd try the self-cleaning feature that just so happens to be there. I'm still not sure how well it worked, we are still in progress, but let me tell you ... my house WREAKS!! I made a cake this afternoon, I had candles lit, my house smelled so warm and now it smells horrible. It is really a bad way to end such a beautiful day!

Do you have any secrets for this not-so-fun task? If so, feel free to share!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I don't have any tips for you, but I sure can commiserate! I have no idea how to get my oven clean! I've tried Easy Off and it did not work well at all.

Anonymous said...

My suggestion is do what I do - don't cook! Ok not a viable option. I've cleaned my oven three times in 15 years in my house- twice by mistake- I meant to set the timer!! Only use the self cleaner on a day when you can leave all the doors and windows open- It's a terrible smell.

love ya' Pat