Monday, October 4, 2010

Time is Moving Quickly!!

Friday marked the beginning of a new month!! Another month flipped in the calendar, another few weeks to scratch off as complete in this deployment and one less first of the month standing between now and Tyler's return. Although it seems like the current speed of time would be the most wonderful thing ever, it is honestly a bit bittersweet.

There are so many things I want to have finished/checked off before Tyler's return, and as time dwindles down it only seems to be speeding up. And, if you know anything about me, you know that I think entirely too far into the future. I am working on enjoying the here and now, but sometimes that is much easier said then done for me. That said, I am looking at January, February and March; time that Tyler will most likely be home and I am already praying that time will slow down for those months. I pray that we can soak up that time together, for we do not know when we'll be apart again.

One thing we have learned, but not yet fully mastered, in our short time in the Army and as a married couple, is that we must take full advantage of our time together. I am looking forward to Saturday morning waffles and ACC basketball, a Sunday morning Starbucks and church-ride companion, the alarm going off for PT and my husband walking through the door for dinner again. I look forward to walking Bella, going out to dinner and watching NCIS on Tuesdays before bed together. All of these things that seem mundane, normal and ordinary have become parts of our life that I crave when apart.

But for now, we will continue to grow and enjoy our time apart, pray for safety, happiness and a safe return in a few short months and keep chipping away at my beloved "to-do" list!

Happy Monday, friends!

No comments: