Monday, October 25, 2010

Face-lift!

I have been toying with the idea of getting rid of our old blog and moving to something new for a while now. I just got tired of the whole feel of the old one and wanted something new. The time has come to chauffeur in the new ... I had fun changing things around a bit and giving the space a completely different feel.

My inspiration came from the song Tyler and I danced to for our First Dance at our wedding, "What A Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong. There are too many wonderful, beautiful, positive things in this world to harp on the negative and down-trodden. Don't get me wrong, I complain, too, but I just want to display wonder. Wonder through the eyes of a child, wonder in the beauty around us, wonder in the mundane moments that sometimes get lost in chaos.

This picture was taken early this summer at Eklutna Lake here in Alaska. Tyler laughs at me because I still get lost in the awe and wonder of the mountains that line the highway and that reveal themselves at random moments. He laughs because we've lived here for nearly two years and I still get excited to see them. I posted the picture as the header to remind us to see beauty, to see wonder and to allow ourselves to get lost in the awe of wonderful things.

Let me know what you think of the face-lift!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new pic and your post- you are so talented and give me the lift just when I need it!

love ya' pat

Anonymous said...

Whoa....that is gorgeous and your writing continues to soothe my soul. When I saw this beautiful picture I instantly could hear Chris Rice playing for the Beauty of the Earth on the piano. You are a lucky lady to get to see and experience the world as you do. Thanks for sharing with us. lots of love, Mom

vanzandtjnm said...

We love the "new look". Most of all, we love hearing about your life and how much you really appreciate all the beauty you see in nature in that fabulous State. Thanks for sharing it with all of us.
Love to you and Tyler, Pop Pop and Mimi VZ

Unknown said...

"Awe"some!! I look forward to being in your world each and every day. Luv, Gram

Anonymous said...

Likin the new look! What a Wonderful World was the song Pep and I danced to as our first dance, too! His grandpa sang it for us :)