Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Snow!

Yes, you read that correctly .. snow! Sunday it snowed here in Alaska. When I called to tell my parents, Daddy informed me that Mama was at the lake ... in the sun!! I promptly told him that he could have kept that to himself! Although snow means the promise of winter, and Tyler coming home, I'm not quite sure I'm ready. Two very important points I keep reminding myself of are that: first, snow brightens things up and secondly, snow warms up cool winter days. I know that seems strange, but there is something about the snow as insulation, that makes the winter cold a bit more bearable.

Snow-capped mountains in the distance.

Happy Wednesday dear friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, there is something strange in "snow warms things up"! oh live and learn.

love ya
pat