Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween!

This weekend was full of Halloween fun. I came to terms with the fact that dressing up in college was much more fun, probably because it is much more fun to get ready as a group and help each other with costumes along the way. I also wrestled with the idea of being Christian and celebrating Halloween. There were many facebook posts to the extent of, "It's hard to have convictions and have to lay them aside" or "For a family who doesn't observe Halloween, I sure am ready for it to be over." I see Halloween as a day to dress up, be silly and give kids candy. I do not think it is a day that Christians have to set aside their beliefs or values in order to participate. Although dressing up has become one of my not-so-favorite things to do, I think that for many it is still fun.

Trunk-or-Treat at church.
  
The three girl youth leaders.
  
Our youth leader with a saw to carve a 106-lb pumpkin.
  
The 106-lb pumpkin that was carved.

No comments: