Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Neighborhood Pet

My neighborhood has had lots of activity the past few weeks. Yes, children are playing, families are getting in "just one more" bike ride or walk before the big snow falls, but we have some pretty big visitors this fall. MOOSE are everywhere! We have a Mom and baby, a young male and an older male that routinely peruse the neighborhood. They are out during the day, late at night, all the time. I have LOVED seeing these big creatures so much this fall, but they are beginning to get a little too comfortable with their surroundings.


Exhibit A: I was pulling out of my garage and heading out of the neighborhood when this guy was literally IN THE NEIGHBOR'S fence. I saw him jump the fence. Everyone says that moose can jump and that they can swim, but until you see it for yourself, you'd never guess it.


This family had left their gate open, so the moose walked right in.

Here he is again, moving on to finer things. 

And one last picture that really shows off his rack. He was huge!! What a fun Monday surprise!

1 comment:

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Holy Moose!! I don't think I'd ever get used to that!