Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Fourth!

Happy Fourth of July! We are so thankful for the military personnel and their families and the sacrifices that they all make. I have been frustrated this week by the news surrounding Micheal Jackson's death; a soldier died here at Fort Rich around the same time and the White House isn't taking moments of silence for him, people are not mourning publicly or committing suicide because their life simply cannot go on without the soldier; yet, without the soldiers and their sacrifices, life would be drastically different for us, all Americans. It saddens me that our freedom is taken for granted by so many day in and day out. I admit that I was one who blatantly took freedom for granted, but now I see the sacrifices made daily for my freedom and my independence. I normally do not do politicalish talk, but this incident has really frustrated me this week.

On a different note, below is a wonderful cartoon written, drawn, by our sweet friend William Warren. He is quite the cartoonist; a man who stands firm in what he believes and has the wit and talent to turn it into cartoons!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so agree w/ you on the Micael Jackson comment. What are our values as a country?! God bless all our military and thier families!

Love ya'

Pat