Monday, July 20, 2009

A Busy Weekend!

Hi friends; we're still here! This weekend was another quite busy, but super fun weekend for us. Friday night Tyler went fishing with a family that we adore, I could not go because I was helping cut fruit for a friend's wedding on Saturday, but I know there will be more fishing time in the near future.

Saturday we attended Courtney and Eli Rushing's wedding and it was beautiful. Courtney and Eli are servants of the Lord and prayerful in all that they do. The ceremony was sweet and the reception was quite fun. We left the wedding and Tyler dropped me off at a baby shower for a friend on post -- we laughed a lot and just enjoyed celebrating Sharon and the Painter baby who will arrive in the next few weeks.

Sunday was quite fun. Tyler helped with sound at church so we arrived early, then attended the service. We went to a little Italian restaurant for lunch before going to our old house to gather our FINAL LOAD of stuff to bring to the new house. There wasn't too much, just some odds and ends in the garage so it wasn't too bad. We then went to a few furniture stores and ended up at Pier1 where we got a few new things for our house. We are fervently getting ready for our first visitors in just a week and a half!! :) For dinner we made homemade pizza and then hung out on the sofa to watch Army Wives, exchange foot massages, and enjoy our separate flavors of ice-cream; Bella passed out squashed between us.

We hope you're all doing well. Sorry for a rundown of events, but we are doing well and loving life up here. Next weekend Cassie and Alex, two dear friends from Wake, are getting married in Chicago. Fortunately we both get the opportunity to attend and cannot wait to see all of our God is Gooders ... oh so soon! :)

A moose on the side of the road on the way home from the commissary. We couldn't stop, but I was fortunate enough to get a picture. You can tell that Tyler was driving, you can imagine that Bella was startled, as I was quickly grabbing the camera ... I LOVE seeing the wildlife here.
Hanging with Bella.
Snuggle time for Bella; foot massages for G & T.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

I'm so glad y'all are doing well!! Love to both of you from the Hsus :)

dede said...

I love your blog!!!! Send photos of the newest house! I cannot wait to meet bella! I was in STOVALLS today . Mister Jimmy was a great tour guide for my friend and teacher her about tobacco farming. AND Sophie and Cailly actually milked a cow with their hands!!!!

Unknown said...

I love you both for many many reasons... but GJ I love that you only have one sock on in this picture. Haha cracks me up... man I miss you guys so much! Love you!