Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Splinter!

I have never been too keen on splinters! Apparently my Mama is the best splinter-getter-outter known to our friends because they would come over when they got a splinter so she could meticulously take it out. I've never had to get one out until last weekend. Bella got this big splinter on her left hip/shoulder just above her leg. Fortunately, it did not pierce her muscle, it just slid right down along her skin. Tyler and I decided to take it out ourselves instead of going to the vet. We got a pair of pliers and some peroxide and tried it. Bella sat so nicely as if she was saying, "Just get this annoying thing out of me!!" She did really well, and here are the pictures of the splinter. YAY for an easy first splinter getting out experience! :)

Doesn't look so big, does it?!
Big 'ol splinter!

1 comment:

Cherie T said...

So glad you got it out ok & that you posted a picture of it! Love you guys!