Tuesday, July 20, 2010

See You Soon!

Tyler left today for Peru. I usually wait until he comes home to share that he's traveled, but this time I didn't. We have had an incredible six weeks of "I'm leaving, I'm not leaving yet, I'm leaving ..." Finally we got orders, but that was after a week of leave around town with my parents, two short days of work and then a spur-of-the-moment trip to North Carolina. Our last week went particularly fast, but we have had the most fun this summer.

Today was full of ups and downs, but the hardest part is over. I went to get a late lunch/early dinner because , yes Tyler ... I know I have to eat, and the man at the restaurant asked how I was doing. I mentioned that I could be better and that T had left this morning and his response was, "I just don't think I could live without someone that I love that much." Although his comment was so well intentioned, I pondered it while I ate part of my meal. I had the opportunity to choose, I could live without my best friend forever because he will sometimes be away due to Army jobs, or I could marry him and have a lifetime of adventures with periods of time where we are apart. I know it seems strange, but I chose to be with him regardless of our small hiatuses away from each other, he is my best friend and I miss him already.

So with that .. best friend: live it up down South, enjoy your new experiences, meet new people, work hard, play harder, eat well, laugh often and get home safely! I will see you soon, best friend!

Tyler and I celebrating Fourth of July in North Carolina.
It's official, and the most fun day ever!!
Thanks for choosing me; there is no other place I'd rather be than by your side.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ginna! You handle this with such grace and beauty. We love you, pray for you both often, and look forward to seeing you soon! Mom

Heather Caldwell said...

Seriously! You are the sweetest thing ever and I'm so blessed to know both of you! This great attitude will take you both through this with grace and you know we (your AK family) will do our part to keep you busy! Love you friend!

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, so sweet.....I still find you so ave married amazing to have married Tyler in the first place!!!!

Love you!!!
Mama Dede

Anonymous said...

Sorry about my last post...my curser is jumping around and moving words.
I wanted to say that you are amazing to have married Tyler in the first place!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

you. are. precious. i love you so.