Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Birthday, Tyler!

Happy Birthday, Tyler! I know you've been celebrating for almost 24 hours, but it is just striking midnight at home. I'm glad your birthday has been celebrated around the world this year, a full 24 hours of fun! Below are some pictures of us and captions that include some of the things I love most about you...enjoy!

I love that you began dating me even though I had a terrible haircut and kind-of-a round face. I admire how you always look through people to their true character ... thank you for doing the same for me.
I love how passionate you are about people, causes and things you believe in. Here we are celebrating a Wake win that sent us to the Orange Bowl. Tonight you can celebrate an 11-point win over Georgia Tech .. we're now number 2 in the ACC!!
I love your white hat, and sometimes wish you still could wear it. I also really like it when you wear that green coat. Here we're bundled for a cold football game at Wake; thanks for teaching me how to bundle, both there and in Alaska.
I love being silly with you. This picture was taken at our favorite bar in Winston .. Foothills .. weeks before we were married. I love how we spent so much time with friends senior year of college. Both together or apart, we continued to invest in those around us who we love so dearly.
Thank you for asking me to be your wife. You are my very best friend and greatest confidant. My favorite couch buddy and Saturday bum around companion. I love snuggling with you (most) every night before bed, laughing until we cry and exploring the world around us one day at a time. I'm thankful for your heart for the Lord and the joy that you bring to my life. Thank you for letting me be with you for the next 24 years of your wonderful life.
**Sorry this is small.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just the sweetest post. But I was shocked at the first pic. I thought you cut your hair again!

Happy birthday to Tyler

Miss you both and can't wait to see Gin in March.

Love,

Pat