Friday, November 7, 2008

Time

Time is so odd to me. Since deciding to move to Missouri, I have realized how precious my time in North Carolina with family and friends is. I have tried to take advantage of every face-to-face opportunity with friends and family. I try to seek them, search them, and love them, most especially when I get the opportunity to have face time with them. Although I have enjoyed realizing the power of a minute or two, a simple hug, or a shared meal I have begun to feel as though time is moving faster than ever. As of today, I have been out of college for six months, married for five, and living alone for one. Each transition has taught me something about the gift of time.

Many of our friends are returning to Winston this weekend and I pray that we will value the time with each other because this may be it for a while. Knowing that Tyler and I will soon be many hours from most everyone we know and love is a bit overwhelming sometimes, but extremely humbling when we get to spend time with loved ones. I encourage you all to take advantage of today and to treasure the precious present.

No comments: