Monday, October 27, 2008

Moving ...

I am THRILLED to be moving to Fort Leonard Wood, mostly because I'll be living with Tyler again, but also to learn more about this Army life. As you know, I have been living alone in Winston for the past three weeks and since then we've decided I would go to Missouri. When we made that decision along came moving processes, many different options, departments to talk to, and papers to fill out. Learning to do this not on post and without my Army "sponsor" has been difficult. I am doing the very best I can, but right now I am a little down.

I have made a friend in the housing department at Fort Leonard Wood. Her name is Mary and I have learned more from her in our two phone conversations than from anyone else related to the Army. She has given great advice, put us on the housing waiting list, but also added tons to my growing "To Do" list. Not only has she added to it, but she has added contacts that I'm not sure exist here in Winston because there is no Army post. Sadly, the working day is finished for most and so I will have to wait until after school tomorrow to begin working on my list, but hopefully tomorrow things will come more quickly for us. I will go to Wake right after school in hopes of finding more answers. I will keep you all updated on my progress. Thanks for listening while I struggle.

No comments: