Wednesday, June 4, 2014

TV Shows

Caroline does not get to watch a lot of television and she most certainly does not flip through the TV to choose what looks good. I have introduced her to a number of new shows over the last few months. She becomes obsessed with the new show and rarely goes back to the previous one.

Her old favorite, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse,  is the only Disney show she has been able to watch. She hasn't watched it in months, so I'm not sure if she is over it or forgot about it. The other shows she has been introduced to are from PBS. They include: Clifford, Curious George, Madeline (DVD not PBS), and Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood.

Most recently I introduced Super Why! I was afraid to introduce this because I didn't want to deal with the "Why" question before she started with it, but I LOVE this show. Super why .. the power to read. She LOVES it, too. This show is all about using books to find answers to solve problems. Letter recognition, letter sounds, and writing are all woven in each episode -- what's not to love. We recently bought a spelling wand at Target and she is having more fun than ever -- participating in writing words with Princess Pea on the show.






If you haven't seen it, check it out. PBS, 11 am EST.


1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love Super Why! When I taught kindergarten, they would watch it in the morning while they were eating breaking (it was on at 8:30 eastern at that time).