Thursday, August 4, 2011

We're Back!!

Hello everyone! I hope that you have been doing well. As you probably noticed, I took July off from the blog-o-sphere and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I am hoping, especially with the preparations for Caroline and then her arrival, to be better about blogging. Today I feel particularly thankful, so I thought I'd list some of the reasons why. In no particular order ...

  1. I have a husband who loves me deeply. He makes me laugh, he is fiercely protective, extremely charming and my very best friend in the world. 
  2. Tyler works incredibly hard so that Caroline and I have everything we need and so much more!
  3. We both come from families who know and love Jesus.
  4. Both of our families provide a pristine example of what marriage and parenting should look like.
  5. Caroline and I are both healthy.
  6. Caroline is already dearly loved by so many. People are already praying for her, giving to her, asking about her, and hoping to meet her soon.
  7. We traveled to NC for two and a half weeks -- my word are we blessed.
  8. Tyler and I visited with six of our grandparents.
  9. I learned to make my Mimi's peach ice-cream.
  10. We returned safely to Alaska last night despite a pretty turbulent descent.
  11. We have friends scattered around the world who love us and anticipate the day we can hang out again.
  12. We have wonderful friends in Alaska who have become our family away from home.
  13. I have a solid roof over my head and food in the refrigerator.
  14. I know what it is like to be loved.
  15. I have the ability to love others.
I apologize if this list is awfully boring, but today I just keep finding things that I am thankful for. What are you thankful for today?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am thankful for friends like you to remind me to be thankful for all the things we are blessed with. It is a good thing to remember than many people do not have a roof over their heads, food in the fridge, love, peace, or kindness.

I am also thankful for dark chocolate and red wine on nights like tonight!