Monday, August 8, 2011

THE NURSERY!!

Our child is the luckiest in the world because her nursery is filled with pieces and acts of love by so many people -- both family and friends. I cannot wait to reveal Caroline's sweet space to you over the next few days!! Tyler and I returned home from North Carolina last week and excitedly worked to start and finish the crib and dresser for Caroline's nursery. I am going to give you a bit at a time to show how this space has and still is evolving.

Step One: 
The first, and only, step we took to begin the nursery before we traveled was to paint the nursery. We debated six or more colors before I finally found exactly what I was hoping for. I wanted to take the nursery from ugly-government eggshell to a subtle, soft pink. At first we could only pick out neon, gross, pepto-pink colors. I began to get frustrated, but finally found the perfect color. Think of a new ballet shoe ... not a bright pink one, but one that has more of a taupy-tannish-pink color ... it is perfect because it is subtle, but still there.

For this step I enlisted the help of my dear friend Jami Bahmer who is very good at picking paint colors and painting. We knocked out the entire nursery in about four hours. I am awfully thankful for her keen eye and enthusiasm to help. Caroline and I will be helping her prepare her nursery in the coming months -- I can't wait!

So, that is that for today -- Step One. Stay tuned tomorrow for THE CRIB!! There are many, many acts of love in the crib and bedding ... can't wait to tell all.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Love this - I can hardly wait!!