Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fall

Over the past few years I have come to love fall more and more. Fall means pumpkins, cooler temperatures, changing leaves, the start of the holiday season and football. Unfortunately, fall is a very short season in Alaska, but it has one unique characteristic ... darkness begins again. Although Alaskan falls do not bring football, red and orange leaves or pumpkin patches, the fall brings about sunsets, darkness and yellow leaves to walk through in brisk, cool temperatures. I do appreciate the short fall season here, and I look forward to the smell of pumpkin, crisp mornings and a decent sunrise and sunset ... at least for a few weeks!

And just because I can .... I chose to include pictures of my rose bushes! One of my rose bushes is still blooming! I have learned to prune every few weeks to have continuous blooms. I know it is silly, and not very "fally," but just because I can ... here are a few pictures of my blooming roses!


1 comment:

CherieKT said...

I love your roses!