Monday, December 7, 2009

Kicking Off the Holiday Season!

Woo hoo for the Christmas season; we have had quite an exciting holiday season already and it is only December 7!!!

Beginning with Thanksgiving, we had 18 people over for dinner. Tyler dressed in his dress blues and served Thanksgiving to soldiers at the Dining Facility (D-Fac). Our first guests arrived at 12:30, Tyler arrived home shortly after. We had a few floating guests, and the last friends left at 11:30 that night. I cooked a 22-lb turkey, and I'm sad to report that I don't have a picture...it was beautiful and delicious!! I think some people ate three times while here, we played games and Wii, and just enjoyed company. My biggest prayer in life is that people feel welcome in our home, and I most certainly think they do!!

On Friday we went downtown with our friends, Amanda and Dan Fox, for the Anchorage Tree Lighting. Santa and his reindeer were there. After visiting with the reindeer we went to dinner at a local pub that was delicious.

Us with Comet.
The Anchorage Tree. This picture was taken at 6:00, notice how dark it is!
Close up of T & G
Everyone's favorite reindeer.
Rudolph's nose only lights up on Christmas Eve ;)
On Saturday, we got a Christmas tree, did a bit of Christmas shopping and went to dinner at a friend's house. Sunday we decorated our first Christmas tree!! Last year we were in transition between Winston and Missouri and did not have a Christmas tree of our own.

On Sunday afternoon we were treetopperless because I could not find a decent youtube video to teach me how to make a bow. Tyler told me to close my eyes, then he put one of Bella's tennis balls on top ... one that she conveniently had chewed a hole in. Everyone at Bunco LOVED the story.
But now ... we have a bow!!!
Up-close picture of my bow. It isn't perfect, but it isn't bad for a first attempt. My friend taught me how this weekend, and I was so excited!!
Again, the bow!!

No comments: