Sunday, August 23, 2009

Our House

The past few weeks have been absolutely beautiful here in Alaska. Last Friday I spent a few hours weeding and watering the yard for what quite possibly will be the last time this summer. :( In case you don't know this about me, Ginna, I LOVE to weed; I know, who likes to weed?! Fortunately, the house that we moved into was well landscaped and well kept by the previous tenants, which has made it quite fun for me to continue with. Next spring/summer I believe I am going to plant a few more things and enjoy experimenting with what I hope will be a green thumb.

The front of our house!
Bella laid on the porch in the sun while I pulled weeds. This picture is staged because I didn't have my camera while weeding, but you get the idea!
I LOVE that we finally have a flagpole!!! (Thanks, Doc for helping us hang it!) Give us another week or two and the Wake flag will be flying high for football season! :)
Our back porch. We just got patio furniture and an orange umbrella! Pretty soon we'll have to put the table and umbrella away for the winter, but we are going to get a firepit. I cannot wait to make pillows for the chairs and then our outdoor furniture will be complete.
One view from our front porch. You can see that one of the pictured neighbors is moving out, the Denali truck. We actually have four families that moved out Friday/are moving out this week so we'll get new neighbors soon! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the house- and your grass is so green and no weeds. I'm jealous. Oh wait, It's going to be in the 50's in January here. In Alska it's going to be.....

love ya'.

pat

Anonymous said...

just beautiful! You only forgot to mention one thing...you love to pull weeds but you like to leave the pile of weeds for others to dispose of! love ya lots, Mom