Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Finishing the Journey

Tyler, Bella and I finished our road trip with a bang -- a 650 mile/12 hour driving day. I know, I know, I said that the day before to Whitehorse would be the final "long day" of our trip, but when we were nearing the Alaskan border, we were too excited to stop and spend one more night away from our new home. It actually worked out nicely that the planned stop was a small, no stoplight town with only one, dirty looking hotel. Unfortunately all of our hotel stays were not the cleanest I've experienced in my life, but I did not want to have another okay night in a hotel. We came all the way to Anchorage, slept well, and woke the next day to find Fort Richardson and Eagle River -- our official new home.

Our favorite Bella position ever. She looks as though she is trying to say, "Seriously guys, get me out." For everyone interested: Bella still LOVES the car and thinks it is her right to go everywhere with us. She also thinks she should be able to get out of the car everywhere we stop -- life just doesn't work that way posh pup.
We thought it was pretty wild that we would enter and leave "911 zones" along the journey on the Alaska highway. Although it was well maintained, we are not quite sure what you would do if there were an emergency. (Sorry the picture is a little blurry, I had to share for the humor of the story.)
These are a few of our favorite views from the last leg of the Alaska Highway. This range of mountains was absolutely beautiful and happened to be our scenery for the majority of the day!


No comments: