Monday, May 19, 2014

Strawberry Picking

I grew up going to the strawberry patch and picking berries as a fun little outing with friends. Now that I am a Mom I totally see the value in getting your friends and their children together and setting them free on a farm for a morning -- nap time that day is glorious! Any way ... my Mom came to visit last week and we took Caroline to the strawberry patch for the first time. 

We were not over ambitious in our picking; we picked one bucket so Caroline could experience it and then we bought the rest. We came home to make Strawberry Bread and Strawberry Jam, which are both delicious. 

I had every intention of getting back to the strawberry patch last Saturday, but my weekend was everything but what I had planned -- more on that later. I have found that Strawberry Jam saves well, makes great gifts and is tremendously better than store bought. It's super easy to make, too, let me know if you want a few tips! If you haven't made it out to the farm yet, get there soon because the berries are reaching the end of their season!

So proud -- even with a silly smile.

Susee and Caroline


I love to see growth. How can you not believe in God when you see the work of His hand like this. These berries went from tiny seeds to fruit for us to eat -- so wonderful!

Not sure why we are crooked, but these are really good of Emma.

I thought it was fun that they are both looking in the same direction -- I wonder what was in the direction they were looking!

2 comments:

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

We love picking strawberries! Really any kind of fruit. Since we're leaving in a month, we won't be picking strawberries here this year. But I'm hoping that maybe we can pick some sort of fruit in PA after we get there.

Kacy @ Fruit Baskets said...

Just picking strawberries is such a joyous time for the family to be outside and sharing some sun together - love your images!