Monday, March 28, 2011

A Grown Up Dream

Tyler and I have a few dreams that we each entered our marriage with that are a bit quirky, sweet and long-term. His is to be old and drink coffee together. Those of you who know me well know that I do. not. drink. coffee. I never have, and at this rate, I might not ever. While he was in Peru, I tired to like coffee. I would go to Starbucks and get the hot seasonal drink -- a Pumpkin Spice Latte -- then I cut down to two pumps of syrup so that I would cut down the sugar. I was totally thinking I was drinking coffee and it was growing on me, only to find out that lattes have NO COFFEE IN THEM. They are primarily milk and flavoring. Neat. 

Well, one of my dreams is to lie in bed and read at night before falling asleep. This in our technologically-driven age has yet to happen, but I am happy to report that we both finished a book this week. We spent our Sunday afternoon lounging, reading, napping (yes, I napped!!) and just enjoying our sweet time together.

Unfortunately for him, his coffee dream may never come true, but today one of my "grown-up" dreams became closer to a reality.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol about the coffee. Try a hot chocolate w/ a little coffee. and HOW can you be mimi's g-daughter, your mom's daughter and MY neice w/o loving coffee?!!

love ya'
pat

mama becca said...

oh my dear... don't worry, lattes ARE coffee! HELLO! they have a shot of espresso in them. that is coffee... yumyum! so hooray! you drink espresso, mixed with lots of milk and flavor :). i'll buy you one when i see you next. :).
xoxo
b