Monday, September 1, 2014

The Great Computer Debate

As we can see, my blogging has been non-existent over the last two months. There are many reasons for this, but one of the biggest is the computer debate.



Last July my computer putzed out and I thought it would be best to buy an iMac -- desktop -- for our family for a wide variety of reasons. I argued for parental controls, better security for the girls when they start using it (years from now), better time management, etc. etc. Unfortunately, all of those ideas sounded good at the time, but the longer I had that computer the more I HATED it. I HATED being restrained to the desk and I found that I spent an annoying amount of time on it.

So, I began the month of August with a goal to sell my computer in order to purchase a laptop. I listed the computer on Facebook and Craigslist and within the week it was sold, YAY!! So, Tyler and I took that money to Best Buy to purchase a computer that he felt was best (he is our resident tech researcher and purchaser because I just don't care that much). We put the girls to bed, opened my shiny, new laptop and found a glitchy screen. It would flutter through screens and colors and was just mind boggling. Sweet Tyler took that bad boy back less than 3 hours after we purchased it.

Upon his return we confidently opened computer #2 knowing that the first was just a poorly produced computer and this would definitely be better. Unfortunately, not so much. I kept the computer for one week to see if it would grow on me, but in the end it was returned, too.

We took a week-long hiatus from the computer drama to Washington, DC got home and finally settled on a Lenovo and I love it. I have had it for two weeks, we have had no glitches along the way and I couldn't be happier. What do you prefer -- laptop or desktop?? I see the value in both, but for me, the laptop is definitely the way to go!

Now that I am back up and running I plan to import my summer pictures and update you on my cute girls!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Scott likes his desktop. He has one of those giant monitors and does everything important and work-school-related there. It stays in the office in the basement. He uses his Toshiba laptop (over 5 years old!) for reading stuff and it kinda floats from room to room. He's a PC person.
I adore my MacBook and I think the world should run on Macs. At my last school I had an iMac and loved it, but now I have a PC laptop (I don't even know what kind) and it's about 10 years old. I've had an HP laptop and a Toshiba laptop in the past and I do prefer the Macs!