Friday, March 30, 2012

Day Three: Drive, Baby, Drive!

Again, we  awoke and headed to the Market! All of us ventured down that way for breakfast and a quick walk before getting in the car for a day of driving. Today we left Seattle for Coos Bay, Oregon. Honestly, I picked Coos Bay as a stopping point because it was a good distance to drive in one day (395 miles), and it was on the coast and a big point on our map.

Yesterday, Caroline traveled over her first state border in a car. Lower-48 family and friends ... do you know what a privilege it is to cross a state border in a car?! My oh my I have missed being able to cross state borders in a car!! I don't feel quite as trapped as I did in Alaska. 



Caroline and Bella both did quite well!! We stopped for lunch after Caroline got up from her nap. A few hours later we stopped at a rest area to play with Bella and stretch our legs. One thing that was quite nice about Oregon was the luscious grass and plants at all of their rest areas. Portland looked a bit dirty when we passed through, but otherwise the state of Oregon was pretty and super green.




I was amazed at the farmland immediately beside the highway. We traveled past lots of farmland that was then surrounded by mountains on the other side ... quite pretty.


**Please excuse the glare in the above pictures ... taking pictures out of a window in a fast car is still a challenge for me!**

No comments: