Monday, February 27, 2012

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY!

Caroline is FIVE months old today, and that seems so crazy to me. Her fourth month was most certainly exciting, but I'm hoping that the next month, although logistically crazy is a bit more low-key!!

Caroline has been on an oral medication, 3 times a day for the last month. The medicine is supposed to stop the growth/shrink the hemangiomas on her liver. She has continued to be monitored during weekly heart/vitals checks over the last month, but we have no indication of whether or not the medicine is working. But ... tomorrow is the day. Caroline had ultrasounds this morning that we will take to Dr. Semancik, her pediatric GI doctor at Providence Medical Center in Anchorage. Dr. Semancik saw Caroline the weekend we were admitted at Prov. He came in each day to check on her, and we instantly hit it off because he is a retired Army doc and just a really nice person. Dr. Semancik is the person who will tell us if the medicine is working, and what the treatment plan is from here.

 

Although I'm super excited to see him and hear what he thinks of Caroline's liver, I'm honestly getting a bit nervous. I have no reason to believe the medicine isn't working or to believe that Caroline's condition has worsened, but I also had no reason to believe my happy, healthy four month would be sent for ultrasounds and lab work after a well-baby appointment a month ago today. I'm hopeful, but a bit nervous. Please, say a prayer tomorrow around 1 pm Alaska time if you think of us.

We'll keep you posted on the good news that we receive tomorrow!

2 comments:

Kate @ Daffodils said...

We will be praying for yall! Love you!!

Katie Amundsen said...

Ginna I will be praying for you and Tyler and little Caroline! Although havinga child sick is vastly different than a parent, I've dealt wih hospitals and liver stuff. Call I you need anything and I look forward to hearing the good news that all is well!