Monday, February 28, 2011

Gotta, Wanna, Needa

That's right, folks ... all I wanted tonight was a Bojangle's biscuit!! The food in Alaska is quite different than the food home, yes we have good seafood, but sometimes good Southern cooking is all that will do. Tyler and I routinely crave certain restaurants and foods that can only be found back home; think: TJ's Deli, Smithfield's BBQ, PUTTERS!!, the Loop, Chick-Fil-A and yes, even occasionally Bojangles. It is probably a good thing that we no longer live near these greasy, Southern staples, but sometimes it makes it hard to find something to fulfill the desire.

I plan on making my own homemade biscuits in the morning before work. Unfortunately, mine are not as fluffy as Bojangle's, but they will do until we're home again!

2 comments:

Martha Metzler said...

I'll have one in your honor ;)

Anonymous said...

On the way to Columbia we talked about packing you and Tyler a goodie bag, putting it on dry ice and overniting to AK. Then your mom reminded me just how far AK is.... How hungry are you?!

love ya' Pa