Sunday, March 8, 2009

Dining Out

Tyler and I attended our first Dining Out as a married couple on Friday night. A Dining Out is a formal dinner where a unit gets together and brings dates or guests. It was fun to put on a pretty dress and participate in an Army tradition, full of ceremony and pomp and circumstance. 

One of our friends, Jeff Swanson, found this old-timey Army caboose and we went to take pictures before the dining out. Jeff and Tyler will be in the same unit at Fort Richardson, too.

An old Fort Wood sign on the railroad track. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it, but I thought it might be fun to do something artsy with.
Doesn't he look nice?!
On the train -- I climbed up in a dress and heels, everyone was quite impressed.
At the Dining Out with two of our good friends, Steve and Matt. 

1 comment:

mama becca said...

aw, you both look cute :).
can i call an army dude cute???