Monday, April 16, 2012

Day Ten: Drive Through Colorado

From the beginning of planning this PCS, Tyler wanted to drive across Colorado. He has spent lots of time there and loves it! I was excited to see Colorado in the Spring, too.

Day Ten began with a lazy wake-up, breakfast in our room and then into the car we went.


Colorado was very pretty. It was interesting to see how the land changed as we moved east across the state. We stopped for a leisurely lunch at a cafe in Derango and then ended the day by checking-in at the Air Force Academy, which by the way is the nicest lodging we've ever stayed in. This is definitely something the Army can learn from the Air Force!! We spent three nights in Colorado Springs before moving on to Denver.




2 comments:

Heather Caldwell said...

I just want you to know that every time I read your posts it's always in your voice in my head! I miss you tons dear friend!

mama becca said...

it's in his blood... he was BORN there :). I still remember regularly leaving him in the baby swing and running off to play with my friends... oops! Love the AFA! LOVE COLORADO! let's all live there someday :). xoxo!